Why Minify? What Is Shopify JS & CSS Minification?
3 Best Reasons Why JS & CSS Minification Matters
Let us take a look at some valid reasons why JS and CSS minification matters on your website, store, or Shopify store:
- By adopting minification, you pave the way for accelerated loading times on your Shopify store pages. This optimization directly translates into a positive user experience, enabling visitors to access and navigate through your site swiftly.
- Minified code reduces file size, page load times, and overall performance, contributing to a more efficient and seamless online experience for your customers.
|Name of App + Store Link
|Plans start at $24.99 One Time – $99.99
|Plans start at $7.99/month – $99/month
|Plans start at $9/month – $29/month
|Plans start at $49/month or $468/year
|Plug in Speed
|Plug in Useful
|Plans start at $39/month – $79/month
If you want to minify your CSS files, first you need to Log In to your Shopify store. You can find your CSS code in your store Assets folder. Now click on the Sales Channel→Online Store.
Afterward, click on the Actions drop-down menu of your current Shopify theme and pick Edit code. You will then get access to your store’s CSS files. Here if you get the files ending in “.scss.liquid or .sccs”, these codes have been optimized. But if the files end in “.css.liquid or .css”, these files are not minified.
Get the checklist to minify your CSS files and apply the instructions below:
- To access the file, you have to choose “css.liquid” and modify it into custom “.scss.liquid”.
- You need to find out the location where the file is being loaded. However, this command is usually seen in liquid and the tag.
- You can now modify “custom.css” to “custom.scss.css”
- Shopify will now compress your CSS file on their server before sending it to your website as a result of this change.
If manual execution is not your preference, you can effortlessly enhance your workflow by selecting the optimal Shopify minify CSS app from the store site. This app can help you autonomously detect and minify JS and CSS in your store, resulting in accelerated store performance and improved user experience.
By removing extraneous characters, these tools shrink the size of files. After the file has been minified, upload it again to your Shopify store’s Assets folder. It is important to note that manually managing this process can be time-consuming, and the minify app on Shopify can offer a more streamlined solution.
Swift – Page Speed Optimizer
Hyperspeed: Extreme Page Speed
MinifyMe ‑ File Optimizer
Boostify: Page Speed Optimizer
Boostify can help you experience lightning loading times, delighted visitors, and improved SEO rankings. It is a page speed optimizer app that applies lazy loading on images, minified JS & CSS, and smart preloading. AI-based website speed optimizer app helps you pass your website’s Core Web Vitals.
Plug in Speed
🔥Bonus Tip: Most Common FAQs of This Trending Topic
Should I Use CSS or Tailwind?
Answer: It depends on your preference and project needs. CSS is a standard styling language with more flexibility, while Tailwind CSS is a utility-first framework that can speed up development with predefined classes.
Can I Code CSS in Shopify?
Answer: Yes, you can. Shopify allows you to customize your store’s appearance using CSS. You can modify existing styles or add new ones in the theme editor by editing your theme’s CSS files.
Get The Best Shopify SEO App To Grow Your Business
Get Your Best Minify App On Shopify Now!
Enjoyed this post? Make sure to subscribe to our blog for more fun tutorials.